- First test : 1985
- Wiki page : View page
- Number of teams (est) : 30
- Website : View page
- Results : View result history
The Italians played their first ever game of international rugby in 1985 against France. Currently Italy compete in the 6 Nations and the European Championships while they also qualified and competed in the World Cups of 1998 and 2002 but failed to qualify in 2006 or 2010. They have previously won a couple of FIRA European Nations Cups and a FIRA European Championship and have begun to compete at Sevens level internationally.
- Saturday February 11th 2023read more
Italy’s senior and U20 national team travelled to Barcelona for a double-header against Spain,...
- Tuesday December 06th 2022read more
Andrea Di Giandomenico, women’s rugby’s longest serving national coach, has announced his...
- Sunday October 23rd 2022read more
The final six games of the pool phase took place this weekend
- Tuesday September 13th 2022read more
In the final warm up game before the World Cup, Italy beat France 26-19 to rise to their highest...
- Monday July 25th 2022read more
Italy played their first ever test outside Europe, but lost 34-24 to Canada, playing their first...
- Thursday June 09th 2022read more
The sevens season kicks on a pace this weekend with tournaments in Rio and Zagreb.
- Saturday April 30th 2022read more
Wales ended their best Six Nations for over a decade with a third place in the final table,...
- Saturday April 23rd 2022read more
Scotland slipped to the bottom of the Women's Six Nations table as Italy secured their first win...